Jackson Autism Center offers a wide variety of services in order to meet the diverse needs of the Children, Parents, School Districts, Professionals and Advocates in Mississippi.
Center-based services are currently available one on one. By providing one on one intervention, a child’s needs become the priority of the session and more progress can be made. Intervention services focus on a variety of areas such as pre-academic/academic, social skills, behavior, and communication. Practical evaluations provide the necessary framework to begin working on goals and objectives that are needed to further the child’s abilities.
Note: Small group services are now available for children who are ready to begin practicing social and academic skills with their peers. Please contact JAC for more information and an initial placement assessment for small group services.
- One-on-One Individualized Academic Intervention
- Play Intervention
- Communication and Language Intervention
- Social Skills training
- Speech Generating Device (SGD) Intervention
- Behavior Intervention
- Skill Level Evaluations
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) Evaluations
- Skill level evaluations for parents who homeschool
- Social Skills Class
- Intensive Toilet Training
- Group services- “Stay and Play” Services
- Parent workshops- coming soon!
Services for School Districts, Educators, Professionals, and Advocates
In addition to families, school districts, educators, and other professionals need assistance working with children with disabilities from time to time. Jackson Autism Center’s services for School Districts and Professionals cover a variety of areas, from training to classroom assistance. Classroom assistance ranges from setup to day-to-day needs such as behavior challenges, academic assistance, and augmentative and alternative communication. Dr. Mullican trains school districts and educators in a practical manner which allows for an easy transition into a new program that suits the child or individual’s needs best.
- Teacher and Paraprofessional Training
- Functional Behavior Assessments and Behavior Plans
- Classroom Setup and Support
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) and Speech Generating Device (SGD) training, evaluation, support, and consultation
- IEP Development, Support, and Consultation
- Program Development
- Communication Systems